We have spoken a lot about henna in our blogs but did you know that Rajasthani Henna is considered to be the best for hair in the world?
Henna has become a huge part of our lives since the benefits of it were brought back into the light in the modern-day world. As there is an increase in demand for henna, there is an increase in the production of it. Most of the cheap henna you get in the market is mostly just artificial color with some henna scent to it. It gives your hair a vibrant red-orange color but also ends up damaging it with regular use. Consumer awareness is of utmost importance while buying any organic goods. The reason for this being, many people are in the organic products business just for the money it yields. These people are willing to go to any extent to make an extra buck, even by cheating and falsely advertising their goods. But we, at Soundaryah, are here to help you to identify which henna is the best for your hair and which is not.
Why Rajasthani Henna Powder for Hair is THE BEST in the World?
Henna is a dye prepared from the plant Lawsonia inermis, also known as the henna tree, the mignonette tree, and the Egyptian privet, the sole species of the genus Lawsonia. The name "henna" is used in other skin and hair dyes, such as black henna and neutral henna, neither of which is derived from the henna plant. Natural henna produces a rich red-brown stain which can darken in the days after it is first applied and last for several weeks. It is sometimes referred to as "red henna" to differentiate it from products sold as "black henna" or "neutral henna," which may not actually contain henna, but are instead made from other plants or dyes.
The tree grows in tropical areas with a hot and semi drought climatic condition. Most gardeners grow this tree outdoors, especially on hedges as an ornamental and screening plant. But, some flourish in pots indoors as well. India lies to the north of the equator however; the Tropic of Cancer passes through 8 states in India. Most regions on the Tropic of Cancer experience two distinct seasons: an extremely hot summer with temperatures often reaching 45 °C and a warm winter with maxima around 22 °C. One of these states is Rajasthan, which creates a tropical climate in this region. These climatic conditions are favorable for the growth of Maruthani (Henna) plant in Rajasthan.
Let us look at a few advantages of getting a good Henna crop in Rajasthan which makes it the best for hair in the world:
- Henna is known for its drought-tolerant nature therefore, it does not prefer consistently moist soil. Water it only when it is dry. In the case of this plant, less watering is fine. Overwatering causes root rot and invites aphides.
- The plant prefers full sunlight nurturing for 6-7 hours.
- Maruthani plant prefers sandy loamy, well-draining soil with a pH of around 5-8. Amend the soil with sand to increase its draining capability.
- The average temperature for growing Maruthani should be around 19-25°C. But it should not fall below 10°C, as it does not perform well in cold weather. Since winters in Rajasthan are warm, it benefits the crop.
- To fertilize the crop, cow dung manure of compost tea is used which helps with the ultimate organic factor giving it the vibrant color.
- The henna plants are powdered using traditional methods instead of using electronic appliances which can deteriorate the properties of henna.
Rajasthan is the perfect place to grow Maruthani plants. It also provides a good source of income for farmers as initial investment required is less and the crop can also withstand extreme droughts. By purchasing organically grown Rajasthani henna for your hair, you are ensuring the best care for your hair while also helping out the farmers in Rajasthan who have grown these plants with love and care. Buying cheap adulterated henna aids the mass-producer and helps feed capitalism. It damages your hair, sometimes permanently. So let us strive to buy authentic goods, especially the ones which go on your skin or hair whilst helping our country’s farmers.
In conclusion: Warm weather, full sunlight, and less watering are the keys to grow the Maruthani plant successfully! All of these requirements are fulfilled by the climate of Rajasthan helping yield the best henna crop in the world!
Did you find our “Why Rajasthani Henna Powder for Hair is THE BEST in the World?” interesting, please let us know in the comments section.