In today’s times, there is an increase in hair fall due to climate as well as lifestyle changes. To put a halt to it and allow better hair growth we must turn to the ancient recipe of henna mask for hair growth and that is exactly what we have for you here.
Henna has been an important part of Indian culture since ancient times. An up rise of naturopathy has pushed people to go back to the old ways to care for their hair and skin. Henna has been around for long and the newer generation has always known it as a temporary tattoo during weddings. But there is more to henna than what meets the eye. Henna was originally used for hair care, not just as a natural dye but also to tackle various other hair problems like hair fall, dandruff, itchy scalp, etc. It is a natural coolant too. Let us explore the best and most effective way of making henna hair mask to curb hair fall and allow hair growth.
Ancient Recipe of Henna Mask for Hair Growth
Before we start with the recipe, one must have knowledge about where their henna is coming from and is it really organic or just another sham hair color. Henna is a dye prepared from the plant Lawsonia inermis, also known as the henna tree, the mignonette tree, and the Egyptian privet. The tree grows in tropical areas with a hot and semi drought climatic condition. Most gardeners grow this tree outdoors, especially on hedges as an ornamental and screening plant. But, some flourish in pots indoors as well.
While buying henna leaves, make sure they are organically grown without using any chemical pesticides and fertilizers. The best henna strain is the one which has been grown using biodegradable waste as fertilizer, hence is organic. Natural henna is a pure form of henna unlike neutral or black henna which may not actually contain henna, but are instead made from other plants or dyes. You can also grow your own henna plants with stem-cutting technique in the right amount of temperature and water. To make henna powder:
- Get the leaves from the plant.
- Make sure you don’t have small twigs in them.
- Dry them under sun till they are crisp like chips. Avoid drying henna leaves in mechanical press.
- Powder them in a mortar and pestle. You can also use a grinder but make sure the powder does not heat up because it will denature the nutrients and reduce the benefits of the herb. This way you will get the finest powder.
- Store it in a dry air tight container. No water should come in contact with this.
- Your henna powder is ready!
Henna is not just a colorant but it also is healing for the scalp and hair. Some of the benefits of henna apart from coloring hair include:
- Antifungal and anti-bacterial
The antifungal and antimicrobial properties of henna help in maintaining the scalp health by fighting against various scalp issues like dandruff, scalp itchiness, etc.
- Balances body temperature
Henna helps the body in releasing excess heat and balances body temperature thus avoiding hair loss and maintains scalp health.
- Balances pH levels and excess oil production
It helps in removing the excess oils from your hair, unclogging follicles and restoring the normal functioning of the sebaceous glands. Thus, balancing pH levels and oil production.
- Strengthens and repairs
Henna strengthens and repairs hair from any past damage. Regular use also helps prevent future damage to hair.
- Natural conditioner
It provides nourishment to the scalp and can be used as a natural conditioner.
- Curb hair fall and promote hair growth
Henna is excellent for every hair type in order to put a full stop to hair fall. Moreover, it also promotes growth of newer healthier hair by strengthening the follicles.
In this blog, we are going to focus on the last-noted benefit of henna and therefore we have an ancient recipe of henna mask for hair growth. This recipe is easy to make and the ingredients are easily available in your kitchen.
Ancient Recipe of Henna Mask for Hair Growth
- Freshly ground henna powder- 1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds (powdered)- ¼ cup
- Curry leaves (powdered)- ¼ cup
- Sesame oil- ¼ cup
- Other oils like coconut, mustard, olive, almond (optional)- ¼ cup
- Start off by adding all the powders in a bowl.
- Mix these powders together well.
- Dilute with water to bring it to a paste like consistency which is neither too runny nor too thick.
- Add sesame oil till the mixture turns into a thick paste.
- You may add other oils along with sesame oil in the same proportion.
- Once all the ingredients are mixed well together, apply this mask evenly across your scalp and hair length.
- Cover your head with a towel or an old t-shirt. If you have a shower cap then that works best.
- Leave it on for 45-60 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water and organic shampoo like shikakai or reetha.
10.Repeat this at least twice a week to get long lasting results of better hair growth and density.
Obviously homemade has more benefits in regard with nutrient content, softening, shiny, replenished hair recovering from damage. We always promote organic and natural hair care. This is one of our favourite masks to use in order to tackle hair fall and promote hair growth. Don’t forget to stay vigilant while buying herbs and make sure they are organic!
Did you find our “Ancient Recipe of Henna Mask for Hair Growth” interesting, please let us know in the comments section.