Mother Nature has blessed us with a quarry of wondrous herbs when it comes to natural, sustainable healthcare. The wonder herb Lodra is one such incredible ayurvedic herb that is one of the best to regulate problems in women without any side effects.
You must have heard the name Lodra through your mother or grandmother but let us dive a little further into why it is so essential for your skin and overall health, as a woman. Lodra is an ancient healing herb in the Ayurvedic practice of medicine. Lodra is a magical ayurvedic remedy for the management and treatment of gynecological problems, liver anomalies, blood diseases, dysentery, inflammation, gum diseases, eye diseases, and various types of ulcers. It is regarded as a Divyaushadhi, which means "divine herb" or "heavenly medical plant" in Sanskrit. In Sanskrit, the word "Lodra" means "that which makes the body firmer and stronger."
Every human being, regardless of age, wishes to have radiant and glowing skin. Women, on the other hand, are more conscientious about their skin care regimen. And why should they not be? Because it is one of the most important parts of their body and enhances their personality. So, to look like a sensational diva this season, keep your skin intact, gorgeous, and stop ageing.
Benefits of Lodra for the Face
1. Augments Skin Health from Within
Sanctified with antioxidant, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, Ayurveda acknowledges Lodra as a well-known one-step remedy for various skin conditions. Owing to its blood purifying properties which helps in removing toxins from the blood, it helps in treating a host of skin infections as well.
Make a paste of 1 tbsp aloe vera gel, 1 tsp Lodra powder, pinch of turmeric and rose water. Apply this paste all over the face and neck for a radiant, blemish-free dewy complexion.
2. Heals Wounds
Lodra powder may help to balance the pH level of the body, which will eventually speed up the inflammatory process. However, this procedure will hasten the healing of the wound. As a result, you can use Lodra powder to help heal the wound naturally. It also has a cooling effect that soothes the skin.
Take one teaspoon of Lodra powder and add some rose water to it. Apply it to the skin and let it dry. Wash it with lukewarm water and repeat the procedure for quick healing.
3. Brightens your Complexion
Lodra powder also aids in the protection of skin cells. It is also a component of several ayurvedic anti-wrinkle creams. It protects the skin from the sun's UVA and UVB rays. It improves the skin's overall complexion by reducing blemishes and wrinkles.
- Take 1 tsp of Lodra powder and mix with 1 tsp of turmeric powder. Add 2 cups of water. Boil till the quantity turns half. Then strain and drink once daily. This remedy will bring a natural glow to your face.
- Mix equal quantity of Lodra powder and herbal Neem powder. Add this mixture to 1 cup of water. Bring it to boil and wait for 3-4 mins. Then strain the solution and drink one cup once before going to the bed.
- Take 2-3 tsp of herbal Lodra powder and mix it in 2 cups of water. Then boil this mixture until the quantity turns half. Drink this decoction once daily to make your skin look healthy.
- Consuming this remedy on a regular basis may help you to regain the lost beauty of your skin. Give this remedy a quick try and see the tremendous effects all by yourself.
- Take ½ tsp of herbal Lodra powder for skin and mix it with 5 ml of aloe vera juice. Mix well and rest for 15 mins. Then strain and drink this concentrated solution once daily. It may reduce various skin blemishes.
4. Effectively Treats Acne
Studies have discovered that Lodra has antioxidant and antibacterial properties as well. These properties help in resolving skin issues like acne in women. Lodra is beneficial to the skin because of its anti-inflammatory properties, which aid in acne control. Because of its antioxidant properties, it protects skin cells from free radical damage. Because of its powerful healing properties, Lodra bark powder aids in wound healing and acne scar healing.
Lodra Face Pack can be made by following method:
- Mix Lodra powder, Rakta chandan, Haridra, Multani Mitti and manjistha powder in equal proportions.
- Add rose water or buttermilk to this mixture to form a paste.
- You can also add lemon juice or tulsi powder to this paste.
- Apply the paste on the face.
- Let it dry and wash your face with water.
5. Slows Ageing Process
Lodra is known for its anti-ageing properties which makes you look youthful and brightens your skin from within.
We, at Soundaryah, made sure to make the best face mask which contains Lodra as an active ingredient for optimum results. It is rich in anti-oxidants with great anti-aging properties. Soundaryah Brightening Face Masque is an ancient ayurvedic potion for enhancing and brightening facial skin tone through the healing action of precious florals and herbs.
- Mix 2 tbsp Soundaryah’s Brightening Face Masque in a bowl.
- Add sufficient water/yoghurt* to form a thick wet paste and leave the mixture aside for 2-3 minutes.
- Before application splash face with lukewarm water and gently pat dry.
- Now apply the pack all over the face and neck area and relax for 15 minutes or till the pack is semi-dry.
- Wash off with lukewarm water in very gentle circular motions.
- Finally splash face with cool water to close off pores and pat dry.
- Use the face pack twice a week for effortlessly glowing and youthful skin
- *To choose the perfect base for your skin use:
-plain filtered water if the weather is humid and warm or your skin feels oily and sticky.
-yoghurt/full fat milk if the weather is cold or your skin feels dry and stretchy.
Lodra is a wonderful female-friendly herb with powerful regenerative and detoxifying properties. Lodra is one of the best ayurvedic remedy for all your skin problems, may it cosmetic or medicinal. It is widely used for treating a variety of skin conditions, menstrual irregularities, relieving liver problems, managing cough and cold, sore throat, treating respiratory diseases, promoting digestion, healing ulcers and wounds, and many more. That being said, use it with caution and take good care of yourself!