“Roses do not bloom hurriedly, for beauty like any masterpiece takes time to blossom” This saying holds true to yourself and to the self-care you choose for yourself – natural and organic. It is not only the physical beauty of the rose which always draws us, it's also the flower’s herbal benefits that make it one of the most precious florals in Ayurveda.
A rose stands tall and bright among all other flowers. It is also a symbol of beauty, strength and empowerment. You must be wondering why we are suddenly talking about roses; its because this beautiful flower holds also stands tall among all natural skin and hair care – specifically Kannauj Rose.
As the name suggests, Kannauj rose is acquired from the city of Kannauj at the heart of the vibrant state of Uttar Pradesh. Kannauj rose is best known for its fragrance and is often the main ingredient in many perfumes and itars. It has been in use ever since the Mughal Empire and the popularity of this species of rose keeps growing day by day. Just the thought of Rose brings a cooling and soothing sensation to our senses. The elegant Rose flower has been a symbol of love, friendship, and forgiveness not merely by coincidence. Rose balances Sadhaka Pitta which promotes self-confidence, healthy desires, motivation and feelings of fulfillment. However, when out of balance, the same causes negative emotions including self-criticism, low self-esteem, jealousy, and mood swings. Rose has a variety of vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals and its oil are fantastic for tackling dry skin. It also offers astringent properties, making it an excellent combatant of acne, redness, and inflammation.
Stunning Benefits of Kannauj Rose for Glowing Skin and Silky Hair
1. Glowing skin
Rose petals cool, moisturize, and tone the skin. The essence of rose augments the glow and complexion of the skin. By enhancing all seven dhatus (body tissues), the rose invigorates inner beauty and brings out the natural glow. Rose petals helps hydrate, revitalize and moisturize the skin giving it with that refreshed look.
2. Antibacterial and antioxidant properties
The antioxidant properties of rose petals help to strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues. Due to its antibacterial properties, rose petals also aids in healing scars, cuts and wounds. Due to the astringent like properties it possesses, rose petals helps clean pores, tone and tighten the pores in the skin. Applying rose petals after steaming tightens capillaries, reduces redness and blotchiness.
3. Moisturizes the hair
Kannauj rose replenishes lost moisture for smoother, shinier and healthier hair. Maintaining a hydrated and healthy scalp is crucial to keeping your hair lush and shiny in the long run. This is because when it comes to premature aging, the scalp is just as susceptible as the rest of our skin. The nourishing and moisturizing properties of rose petals enhance the quality of hair. It is known to treat mild scalp inflammations and get rid of dandruff. Rosewater works wonders as a natural conditioner and revitalizes hair growth.
We, at Soundaryah, have developed a 100% chemical free non-foaming herbal hair cleanser for naturally healthy and nourished hair, with Kannauj rose as the main ingredient – Royal Herbal Hair Wash.
- For medium length hair, mix 3 tsps. of Soundaryah’s Royal Herbal Hair Cleanser in a bowl.
- Add sufficient lukewarm water to form a rough, wet paste.
- Wet hair thoroughly and then apply the paste all over scalp and hair.
- Massage scalp for a few minutes in circular motions.
- Wash with lukewarm water until no residue is left.
- Apply a small amount of a light hair oil like almond or coconut all over hair length to semi damp hair and let dry naturally.
4. Balances pH scale of skin and scalp
Kannauj rose helps to maintain the skin's pH balance and controls excess oil by cleaning pores & toning your skin. The PH of rose petals is very close to 5.5 which just so happens to be what your skin’s PH should be. Using rose petals after cleansing balances the PH of your skin and your beauty products absorb better into your skin.
We have developed an ancient ayurvedic potion for enhancing and brightening facial skin tone through the healing action of precious florals and herbs.
- Mix 2 tbsp Soundaryah’s Brightening Face Masque in a bowl.
- Add sufficient water/yoghurt* to form a thick wet paste and leave the mixture aside for 2-3 minutes.
- Before application splash face with lukewarm water and gently pat dry.
- Now apply the pack all over the face and neck area and relax for 15 minutes or till the pack is semi-dry.
- Wash off with lukewarm water in very gentle circular motions.
- Finally splash face with cool water to close off pores and pat dry.
- Use the face pack twice a week for effortlessly glowing and youthful skin
- *To choose the perfect base for your skin use :
- -plain filtered water if the weather is humid and warm or your skin feels oily and sticky.
- -yoghurt/full fat milk if the weather is cold or your skin feels dry and stretchy.
5. Enhances Overall Mood
The aroma of rose essential oil is said to be a powerful mood enhancer. It rids you of feelings of anxiety and promotes emotional well-being, thereby making you feel more relaxed. The scent of Kannauj rose on your pillow also helps you sleep better after a long day, making you wake up refreshed.
Kannauj rose is hands down one of the best skin and hair care ingredient and is a winner in our eyes. We would love it if you incorporate this mystic fragrant beauty in your self-care regime and see the results for yourself. Despite its delicate fragrance, rose is a powerful plant to have in your hair care arsenal: not only does it hydrate the hair and scalp, but it can promote your hair’s well-being for the long haul.